Skip to content

problems Using MIDI CC bindings with the HELIX and GTL. Its it HELIX or GTL at fault ?

finally decided to tackle the business of controlling GTL ( and Quantiloop since I got a free version of it recently ) from my HELIX.

Firstly i can get the basic stop-start and divide/multiply bar length setting to be controlled by MIDI assignment - but only when using MIDI notes - not CC. Also - I get NO response when trying to assign MIDI CC or even MIDI note to Loop1 In Group , Loop 2 In Group and so on.

When using the LEARN function GTL doesnt display the VALUE parameter either - so one cannot tell which value is being received. I'm using MIDI CC 0 for everything.

Could it be that GTL ignored the Value ?

Also even when using MIDI notes i cannot get GTL to respond when assigning to Loop1 In Group , Loop 2 In Group.

Notes work when assigning to GLOBAL - say play/stop.

How is Loop X In Group supposed to work ? i'm convinced i had that working - but props only with my mcmillen 12 step and just using notes. has GTL been tested with MIDI CC ?

Will re-check with 12 step now.

Comments

• @nonchai wrote:
    When using the LEARN function GTL doesnt display the VALUE parameter either - so one cannot tell which value is being received. I'm using MIDI CC 0 for everything.

So currently GTL ignores the value of MIDI commands, this is so it can work consistently with velocity sensitive controllers like the twelve step. You will need to set a different CC number for each binding. Also for some reason, It maybe that you can not use CC 0, try CC 1 or other instead.
    @nonchai wrote:
    Also even when using MIDI notes i cannot get GTL to respond when assigning to Loop1 In Group , Loop 2 In Group.
    I suspect this Is because you have not selected the group first with the "Select Next Group" binding. The "Loop X in Group" bindings refer to the loops in the selected group. By default no group is selected so you will need to select one first. An orange border will appear around the group when it is selected.

Hope that helps :)
  • Ah.... thanks. explains a lot.