Skip to content

Things to test in the new beta

Firstly, thanks for all your time testers, I couldn’t do this without you!

Drag and drop.
Have a play with this, I’d be interested to see how it can be incorporated into your workflows.
You can now copy by just dragging loops. You can also pick up multiple loops and move/copy them to a new group. The order you pick them up in will be the order they are placed back down, so you can quickly reorder loops this way. Oh and you can also drag between sessions :).

MIDI
I’ve expanded the MIDI bindings, you’ll find you can now control most things in GTL. You can also add multiple functions to the same binding. I’ve left this very open so you can have almost any combination of functions triggered by the same MIDI command. As a result you can run into trouble pairing odd things together. E.g record, mute, reset, set tempo 300bpm all at once (Probably don’t try this). If you do come accross anything strange then please let me know.
You’ll also find the ‘Step’ transition feature, this basically allows you to trigger a different function each time you send a MIDI command. E.g first tap starts playing, second tap starts recording to loop 1, third tap switches groups. The ‘Step’ feature is very new so do let me know if it’s working properly.

Many thanks,
Jack

Comments

• How in fact do you do the drag copy?
  • edited February 2018
    Hold down on any loop, drag to the new destination. If you want to copy then select “copy” on the bottom left of the screen before you drop it. You need to be on IOS 11 for this feature.
  • edited March 2018
    Latest BETA: SETTINGS:Audio Input - I notice that even when i've selected an inter-app-audio device as a source - instead of input1 - for example an IAA synth etc- that the GAIN indicator still picks up and shows the level of the built-in iPad microphone - for example when i clap it reacts. What seems to be monitored and recorded is the actual synth - i.e. not the mic - but i find it disconcerting that the VU meter reacts as if i've selected the iPad mic as input when i haven't.

If this isn't a bug can this be changed so that the microphone input is not fed thru to the VU when it hasn't been selected?.
  • Yeh I’ve been meaning to get round to this for awhile. Its always done this so not a beta issue. Thanks for bringing it up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file