Skip to content

Possible new feature

edited January 1970 in Feature Wish-lists
Most of the ones in the poll would be welcome.<br /><br />How about automatic conversion to caf on import?<br /><br />I don't mind prepping loops either in the source app or in AudioShare but if I was in the middle of doing a piece and thought of importing something that hadn't been prepped it would be nice to have the option not to have to step out of GTL.<br /><br />Just a thought. Not critical.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    anickt wrote:
    <br />Most of the ones in the poll would be welcome.<br /><br />How about automatic conversion to caf on import?<br /><br />I don't mind prepping loops either in the source app or in AudioShare but if I was in the middle of doing a piece and thought of importing something that hadn't been prepped it would be nice to have the option not to have to step out of GTL.<br /><br />Just a thought. Not critical.<br />
    <br /><br />Good idea, I'm intending to add file conversion at some point although as AudioShare can do this already and there's so many other things I'd love to add, it may not be fit a little while. I can see how it could make things easier though if you're in the middle of a piece. Thanks for your suggestion.
  • I was working with the new version of GTL this morning. Nicely done! I feel even more strongly that GTL should not be restricted to caf format. It's the one thing that gets in the way of what otherwise is a brilliant workflow. Thanks Jack!
  • edited October 2016
    anickt wrote:
    <br />I was working with the new version of GTL this morning. Nicely done! I feel even more strongly that GTL should not be restricted to caf format. It's the one thing that gets in the way of what otherwise is a brilliant workflow. Thanks Jack!<br />
    <br /><br />Cheers anickt, i'll get on it! What formats are you usually trying to import?
  • Thanks Jack! .wav seems to be the most common file format for standalone samples and is what I typically use.