Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Group the Loop 1.4 out now!

edited August 8 in News

Hi everyone,

The new update, version 1.4, is available now.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/group-the-loop/id1029416579?mt=8

Here's a quick overview of some of the new features.

•   AUv3 effect hosting

•   Greatly improved MIDI control

•   Ableton Link “Sync Start/Stop” support

•   Drag and drop support

•   Audiobus 3 support

•   New and improved loop engine

•   Mute and overdub CUE options

•   64 frame buffer size support

•   and much more...

App Store preview:

Thanks to everyone for all your support, especially the beta testers!

Any questions just ask here :)

Comments

• Amazing work dude!
    It could be possible reopen the wishlist post as new from here and also the iPhone survey due to Apple’s obsesion to make iPhones bigger than discontinnued iPad minis?

• @Jack. Stellar update! Really enjoying master volume, effects insert, mute, all the new stuff.
    Recorded a session today and everything worked perfectly.
    Going back to listen to it tonight and the volume is really weak. All of the sessions are doing the same thing. Looking at Audio input I can’t see what I’m doing wrong.
    Any advice?

• edited August 9
    > @Ben said:
    > @Jack. Stellar update! Really enjoying master volume, effects insert, mute, all the new stuff.
    > Recorded a session today and everything worked perfectly.
    > Going back to listen to it tonight and the volume is really weak. All of the sessions are doing the same thing. Looking at Audio input I can’t see what I’m doing wrong.
    > Any advice?

Hey @Ben, glad you’re enjoying it! How did you record into the app, was it with an interface? The input volume can be a lot lower with an interface. If you then listen back through the iPad speakers it can sound significantly quieter.

If that’s not the case then I’m not sure what’s going on, any more details would be useful.

There is no Master volume, but there is an input volume and a master group volume. This maybe obvious but have you checked the hardware/iPad volume?
  • @dubbylabby said:
    Amazing work dude!
    It could be possible reopen the wishlist post as new from here and also the iPhone survey due to Apple’s obsesion to make iPhones bigger than discontinnued iPad minis?

Thanks for your support @dubbylabby.
    Yes I’ll post a new wish list thread and stick it to the top. I did start development on the iphone version but haven’t touched it for awhile, one day...

• I know too many changes in short time period had reshape the whole landscape...

• Congrats Jack!

Hope you get some decent renumeration from all this.

• One question - how do I import a loop from iCloud ?

Can this be done directly - say via the iOS folder via drag drop or does everything have to be in AudioShare? I can't recall how to get at iCloud data from AudioShare.

finally - did you fix the issues with loop start/end position metadata ?

• Hi @nonchai,
    Just drag and drop from iCloud using the files app.

Not had a chance to look into the metadata yet. I’ll keep you updated when I do.
  • @Jack said:
    Hi @nonchai,
    Just drag and drop from iCloud using the files app.

I've tried his but last time i recall doing this i couldn't get the flies app and GTL to both display as two multi-task- side by side windows.

Any chance of a short youtube video demonstrating how you do it ?

( or some explicit step by step instructions )

• edited August 15
    Yes you need to use slide over. Here's a little video.
    http://grouptheloop.com/vanilla/uploads/videos/GTL-Drag-and-Drop-Demo.mp4