Skip to content

Removing Effects

When I create a new session, I get an effect in FX1; it is there every time I create a new session. I can bypass it or remove it each time of course, but I would like to fix it.

I looked for a set of defaults for a new session but didn't see them. ( I don't know how I did it, and I don't know how to undo it!)

Glenn

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Hi Glenn, thanks for posting. The effect is an audio gate which helps remove unwanted background noise when recording with the microphone. It is there by default on all new sessions so it’s nothing you’ve done :).
  • Thanks. I am pretty sure I saw the filter interfering one time with a drum pattern I was recording (Patterning)...I thought my headset or microphone had gone bad.

I will try using it again and see. Also, I will see whether it is reducing background noise. It is pretty noisy at my house.

Thanks once again for your help.

• So you need to make sure the threshold is set correctly. It's just a simple audio gate so it will be useful for removing hiss from a noisy mic input but may not perform well with lots of background noise. If you are recording directly from another app then you don't need it at all.

I'm thinking of removing it by default as it can sometimes be more of a hinderance than helpful.