Apply effect and volume adjustments to empty loop?

I often find myself applying the same effects to the same loops:

- hi-pass >1khz for strumming
- lo-pass <200hz for kick (tapping on guitar body)
- lo-pass <1khz for bass line
- etc.

it would be great to have those settings applied before recording a loop, so i could have like a template for a new song. but this doesn’t seem to be possible - or do i miss something?

Comments

  • You can load an AUv3 Eq in the input chain.

  • i see. sadly i’m currently stuck on ios 9. ;)

    thanks for answering.
  • @josh said:
    i see. sadly i’m currently stuck on ios 9. ;)

    thanks for answering.

    Then add a cheap hardware eq/mixer on the line in chain.

    https://www.thomann.de/es/korg_volca_mix.htm

  • thank you, chubby. at the time being, i want to stick to what i already have, but some day in the future i might replace my ipad2 with a newer one.

    but another idea came to my mind.

    because my ipad2 is too slow to run GTL+Audiobus+Tonebridge together, i only run GTL on it.

    in addition, i have my iphone5 running with tonebridge, and my guitar is connected through an irig2 to it. the output of the irig goes to the zoom u-44, which itself is connected to the ipad2.

    this way i have the ipad running for looping stuff and the iphone running for adding effects to my guitar.

    - from: iphone5: guitar + irig + tonebridge
    - to: ipad2: u-44 + GTL
    - to: roland street cube

    as the iphone5 is running ios11, it’s AUv3 capable. so i could simply add audiobus to the mix and add a filter there, so a filtered signal would go to GTL on the ipad.

    - from: iphone5: guitar + irig + tonebridge + **some filter**
    - to: ipad2: u-44 + GTL
    - to: roland street cube

    i hoped that i could create a preset in tonebridge with only a filter, but this isn’t possible. so do you know possibly a filter app or AUv3?

    thank you
  • I hope Chubby is your corrector trolling on us :lol:

    Yes the 2 devices approach is a good one, just remember to put airplane mode if you don’t need link to avoid a phone call in the middle of the show.

    ChubbyLabby!

  • haha yeah, it could be a fun gag to let a friend call me during a performance and add some effects to it. or even let someone from the audience call me! :P

    sooo many fun possibilities!
  • ps: here’s the filter app that i found. i thought i had already posted it, but seems not...

    https://www.google.ch/amp/s/appadvice.com/app/lrc5/1418930761.amp

    it does the job, but it’s a bit finicky to move the 5 filter handles. maybe there‘s a better one (with presets etc.)?
  • @josh said:
    I often find myself applying the same effects to the same loops:

    - hi-pass >1khz for strumming
    - lo-pass <200hz for kick (tapping on guitar body)
    - lo-pass <1khz for bass line
    - etc.

    it would be great to have those settings applied before recording a loop, so i could have like a template for a new song. but this doesn’t seem to be possible - or do i miss something?

    I have an idea to allow for this, maybe a few updates down the line. It is worth mentioning though that this will not apply the effect to the live input while you are recording, it will only be applied on the first playback of the loop.

    For now, @dubbylabby mentioned the best approach. Adding your effects to the input steam so they are recorded to each loop.

  • thanks, jack.

    thinking about it: if i can assign AUv3 filters to a loop in advance, this also allows me to assign a tonebridge effect, right?

    this would allow me to create a template for a song, right? so i wouldn’t need to manually switch between my tonebridge effects anymore, because all my needed loops will be pre-configured, right? how amazing is that!? :)

    i will have to get a newer ipad then anyway, i guess... ;)
  • @josh said:
    thanks, jack.

    thinking about it: if i can assign AUv3 filters to a loop in advance, this also allows me to assign a tonebridge effect, right?

    this would allow me to create a template for a song, right? so i wouldn’t need to manually switch between my tonebridge effects anymore, because all my needed loops will be pre-configured, right? how amazing is that!? :)

    i will have to get a newer ipad then anyway, i guess... ;)

    Yep that is correct, although you will need IOS 11 or greater for AUv3.

  • awesome!!

    yeah, that’s what i mean with „newer ipad“... or maybe the iphone version of GTL is ready soon? ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.