Skip to content

Features

It would be nice to have built in instruments and drum kits with more control. Great app!!  Great interface. So much can be done as is and so much can be added.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    <br />It would be nice to have built in instruments and drum kits with more control. Great app!!  Great interface. So much can be done as is and so much can be added.<br />
    <br /><br />Thanks! I will certainly be adding more drum beats and hopefully eventually incorporate a sequencer so you can construct your own. <br /><br />As for instruments, it's a great idea although in the next update Group the Loop will be Audiobus compatible and you will be able to record in instruments from other Audiobus compatible apps.
  • It would be nice to have some sort of song mode where we can arrange a listing of groups which will automatically play back.
  • Having the ability to do a save as of sessions would allow me to try different variations without worrying  :o about losing what I've done in the process.
  • edited October 2016
    Paulinko wrote:
    <br />It would be nice to have some sort of song mode where we can arrange a listing of groups which will automatically play back.<br />
    <br /><br />I've been thinking along the same lines. A view where you can arrange a structure then play or export it. It's on the to do list :)<br /><br />I'll also note down 'save as' or duplicate session, good idea!
  • could you Ableton Link? i would like to sync the app to other apps with this feature.
  • edited October 2016
    owi wrote:
    <br />could you Ableton Link? i would like to sync the app to other apps with this feature.<br />
    <br /><br />Ableton Link is on the cards! Won't be for a little while yet though. I'll keep the forum posted.
  • It would be nice to be able to back up a session and all its elements directly to Dropbox or any cloud storage. I find myself using my iPad almost exclusively and would prefer not to have to use my laptop at all if I can avoid it. Still loving this app. No other looper works for me the way GTL does. Thanks
  • edited October 2016
    anickt wrote:
    <br />It would be nice to be able to back up a session and all its elements directly to Dropbox or any cloud storage. I find myself using my iPad almost exclusively and would prefer not to have to use my laptop at all if I can avoid it. Still loving this app. No other looper works for me the way GTL does. Thanks<br />
    <br /><br />Thanks anickt, it's a great idea. I'll add it to the list, more likely to be iCloud rather than dropbox.
  • edited November 2016
    <Thanks! I will certainly be adding more drum beats and hopefully eventually incorporate a sequencer so you can construct your own. >

If you're thinking of adding sequencer ( or ableton-clip-style ) features i'd suggest you NOT bother having your own built-in instrument collection via a synth engine/sample player... it will only consume storage on the iPad. Having built in samples for the drummer is great - as we have now. But there are so many great instruments out there - fully formed "workstation-class" synth-sample-engines like IK's Sampletank - so imho its better just to keep any future the (melodic/chordal) sequence player as PURE MIDI ( like Genome ) and just send MIDI out to other apps running. So many apps now include their own instrument sets- none can ever satisfy all the needs for quality and range. So to me - better to encourage people to go buy a serious workstation like SampleTank iOS - and stick to pure MIDI - and either send the MIDI over CoreMIDI - or implement AudioUnit hosting in your app. http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/
  • If you need some drumloops or whatever feel free to ask. I will love to contribute...

An example from my instagram:
  • edited November 2016
    @nonchai wrote:
    If you're thinking of adding sequencer ( or ableton-clip-style ) features i'd suggest you NOT bother having your own built-in instrument collection via a synth engine/sample player... it will only consume storage on the iPad. Having built in samples for the drummer is great - as we have now. But there are so many great instruments out there - fully formed "workstation-class" synth-sample-engines like IK's Sampletank - so imho its better just to keep any future the (melodic/chordal) sequence player as PURE MIDI ( like Genome ) and just send MIDI out to other apps running. So many apps now include their own instrument sets- none can ever satisfy all the needs for quality and range. So to me - better to encourage people to go buy a serious workstation like SampleTank iOS - and stick to pure MIDI - and either send the MIDI over CoreMIDI - or implement AudioUnit hosting in your app. http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/

It's unlikely to be an all singing all dancing sequencer, basically more control over the drum samples that are already in GTL. Allowing you to quickly construct your own beats. There will be almost no change in the app size.
  • edited November 2016
    If you need some drumloops or whatever feel free to ask. I will love to contribute...

An example from my instagram:

Love it!
  • Glad to read it. :smile:

Let me know if I can contribute ;)