Skip to content

Midi bindings (volume control)

edited January 1970 in Feature Wish-lists
Hey Jack,<br /><br />Is or will it be possible to bind the volumes of each track to something like TouchOSC etc?<br /><br />Brad

Comments

• edited November 2016
    mrfukes wrote:
    <br />Hey Jack,<br /><br />Is or will it be possible to bind the volumes of each track to something like TouchOSC etc?<br /><br />Brad<br />
    <br /><br />Hi, yes i'm planning to add MIDI CC command support at some point. Are you hoping to connect to GTL via an internal connection or Network MIDI?<br /><br />Cheers.
  • It will be great booth. External hardware but also from other apps making it somekind of triggerable phrase sequencer...
  • dubbylabby wrote: »
    It will be great booth. External hardware but also from other apps making it somekind of triggerable phrase sequencer...

When this gets implemented it should cover both virtual and hardware MIDI connections. Not a big job just a matter of getting round to it. :)
  • edited November 2016
    Great since learn modes doesn't seems to work between apps in other I've used before. If it isn't possible then I will explore midiflow which I purchased for this issue with loopyhd (trying to achieve something like your scenes) but I still not dedicated the effort to deal with it sincerely. Lazyness fights against my creativity sometimes xD
  • edited December 2016
    It will be great booth. External hardware but also from other apps making it somekind of triggerable phrase sequencer...
    @Jack wrote:
    When this gets implemented it should cover both virtual and hardware MIDI connections. Not a big job just a matter of getting round to it. :)

Yes sir, a volume control binding and a binding for selecting a group/play group in 1 press of the pedal ...and I'm ready to go on tour with this bad boy!!
  • It would be really good if each Loop within a group had it's own volume CC. (Also Pan might be nice too!)

Maybe you can make it selectable in a similar way that Loopy does - you can set the CC for the Loop (X) in either the current group or in Group number (Y).

Some people might like to have 4 knobs on their control surface that work on the currently playing group, but other people with larger control surfaces might want to have specific knobs for each individual loop. A 16 knob controller is not uncommon and would enable 4 groups with 4 loops to be set up.

Setting it up in this way would be great!

I'd also really like the Audio input and output of each Loop to be set in this way in future - so that if I have a mic, a guitar and a keyboard plugged into my XR18 (or my Helix) I can set Group the Loop to record on the right input in advance - so I'd know for example Loop 1 and 2 were always guitar, Loop 3 was keys, Loop 4 was vocal -and then the output would go to the right places too instead of just be stereo.. then FX like compressors can be added in the XR18 after Group the Loop. Crazy??
  • Hey @ricksteruk, I'm working on volume and pan control via MIDI now so we should see this soon.

So do you want to be able to set the input channel via midi? Or are you after assigning different inputs to different loops? The midi option is possible so I will look into it.
  • edited December 2016
    Great! Thanks Jack. Looking forward to that :)

I was thinking of assigning different inputs and outputs to different loops - so that GTL could essentially be a multitrack looper! - but the idea of assigning MIDI to select the input would work pretty well - could just have two or three footswitches set to assign the input to say: vox, guitar or keys. That would be easier than having to open up the settings menu and selecting mid performance.

Of course another way of choosing between several inputs is plugging everything into a small mixer and using an Aux send to feed into GTL - turning the aux up or down on the channels you want to send to GTL - but I think your idea of using MIDI to select the input would work much better.
  • Also AUM could do all you need meanwhile it's integrated (or not) ;)
  • Thanks for the info about AUM - that sounds like it will be very useful for the time being - I just went and read the specs on it.. impressive! I knew it was able to route audio around between different apps but I had no idea it had an amazing MIDI controllability.
  • It's one of the App of the 2016 for most top ten blogs.
    To me AUM, Blocs Wave and GTL are must have apps ;)