Skip to content

Audiobus State Saving?

Hey @Jack - hope the update is coming along :) - I'm looking forward to those new MIDI bindings especially.

I was just wondering if you're going to be adding AudioBus state saving? I was thinking that all that you'd really need to do is get GTL to load up the relevant session that was being used in the saved Audiobus state. (or is it more complicated than that? things like cue or other settings perhaps?)

Anyhow I have been having lots of fun this evening running GTL, ThumbJam and DrumJam in Audiobus with AUM.. Audiobus remembers the state of AUM, Thumb and DrumJam - so GTL kinda just seems left out if you know what I mean ;)

Comments

• Yeh I know what you mean, thanks for suggesting this. I will look into it, like you say it may just be as simple as loading the correct session.
  • edited August 2017
    Just curious, ricksteruk - Now that AudioBus3 has the MIXER page - is there any reason why you aren't just using AudioBus3 to do it all? ( Unless you're still on AB v2 ? )

I'm trying to use AB3 as much as possible - the new MIDI page is awesome - if only more apps supported it.

But still - to be honest i prefer the way the mixer is implemented in the GUI in AUM.

Is it because you can record the whole jam to stereo in AUM ?
  • edited August 2017
    ricksteruk wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to those new MIDI bindings especially.

Me too - big time. In fact i'm holding off from seriously doing any work on mapping my HELIX and McMillen 12-step to GTL until the next release.
  • nonchai wrote: »
    Just curious, ricksteruk - Now that AudioBus3 has the MIXER page - is there any reason why you aren't just using AudioBus3 to do it all? ( Unless you're still on AB v2 ? )

I'm trying to use AB3 as much as possible - the new MIDI page is awesome - if only more apps supported it.

But still - to be honest i prefer the way the mixer is implemented in the GUI in AUM.

Is it because you can record the whole jam to stereo in AUM ?

The reason I was using AUM is because the way Audiobus Mixer works... I think it controls the input level of the apps coming into AB rather than the output level. Something like that... can't exactly remember now.

Plus I wanted to set up a mix send bus to feed the apps into GTL which I needed AUM for.
  • nonchai wrote: »
    ricksteruk wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to those new MIDI bindings especially.

Me too - big time. In fact i'm holding off from seriously doing any work on mapping my HELIX and McMillen 12-step to GTL until the next release.

Yeah I have been "holding off" seriously doing any work for so long that its been killing me!!
  • edited August 2017
    Thanks for being patient everyone, i'm still working on the update. These things always take longer than expected!

Quite a lot has changed so there's lots of bugs to iron out and I don't want to release anything that's unstable. I will keep you posted.
  • edited January 2018
    Yes, thanx a lot for all <a href=https://vogueplay.com/ar/cleopatra-tragamonedas/><font color=#2c3e50>these</font></a> answers