Skip to content

another feature request: pattern (group) chaining

Hi!
I would like the ability to chain patterns (groups) for live performance.
Example:
Run groups in the following sequence 2 x group1, 2 x group2, 1 x group3, 2 x group 2 and so on...
That would be so useful for me when performing live.
Patterning has this kind of feature in its song mode.
Thanks

Comments

• It could be possible map pattering or similar to trigger these song mode until the feature arrives (just saying)... :wink:
  • edited January 2018
    dubbylabby wrote: »
    It could be possible map pattering or similar to trigger these song mode until the feature arrives (just saying)... :wink:

I might give it a try, sounds a bit complicated though. I still think this would be a useful feature and "easy" to implement though :smile:
  • edited January 2018
    I might give it a try, sounds a bit complicated though. I still think this would be a useful feature and "easy" to implement though :smile:

Yeah sure but is like waiting for Modstep with Audioclips. There is a video in AudioBus forum and also there is the promised Loopy Masterpiece but I prefer to use what I have instead waiting for what could come.
    If it comes... hooray!
    But waiting for something too long makes it outdated when it arrives most of the time. That’s why brands (hardware the most) have strategical development and release plans and even so, sometimes their things fall apart when competency releases their own.
  • I have this app Xequence maybe it can be sequenced to trigger "go to next/previous group and play". I have no idea how to do that but thanks for the tips
  • edited January 2018
    @fattigman, a great suggestion. I’ve considered adding a song mode in the past. I’ll keep it in mind for the future.

In the forthcoming update you will be able to "step" functions with MIDI commands. For example, you will be able to set a MIDI key to do something different each time you press it. Of course this is not a completely automated solution but you could set it to play each group in sequence.

This is how it will look:
    GTLMIDIGroupStep_1.PNG
    GTLMIDIGroupStep_2.PNG
  • edited January 2018
    @Jack ok that’s great. Can’t wait for the next update...
  • @Jack. ++1 for song mode. That would organize my workflow significantly. Pretty excited about that.
  • Ouyeah follow actions!
    We need videos videos videos to spread the love!

@Jack there is any ETA?
  • edited January 2018
    @dubbylabby, I’m hoping to get some tutorial videos out to coincide with the update.

The beta shouldn’t be long now, are you still up for testing?
  • edited January 2018
    Good question... if it’s to debug concise things like midi controllers, switch songs behaviour or things like that I can give it a few shots to see what hapens but as regular betatester I’m afraid not.
    Said that if stability performance and import duties are easy maybe I will give it all my loving and forget about anything else... :blush: