Skip to content

Beta testers for next update

Hi everyone,

let me know if you're interested in testing the new update. No need to do any extensive testing just make sure it runs smoothly and if you notice anything strange. Quite a lot has changed behind the scenes so a backup is crucial before you test. E.g Copying the contents of your GTL folder using iTunes.

Cheers!

Comments

• Hi, count me in. group the loop is for me the best looper ever done!
  • felart wrote: »
    Hi, count me in. group the loop is for me the best looper ever done!
    Great news! I’ll need your email, just PM me.
  • edited January 2018
    :sunglasses: I want to see it happen
  • dubbylabby wrote: »

Great stuff.
  • edited January 2018
    dubbylabby wrote: »
    Jack wrote: »
    Great stuff.
    I was talking about beta in my iPad :joy:
  • I’m with you now :smile:
  • Hi, I'd be happy to give it a going over. I never keep any sessions...all live. Speaking of which, one bug has got me recently. I've noticed that if I don't use cue at all, sometimes at random record doesn't always work. e.g I'll press a loop space and it goes red and I play, and then I press the loop again and it just stays red. Happens quite a lot, on short loops or long. Happens with a mid pedal and just touching the screen. Ever noticed this behaviour ? Anyway...happy to Beta Test.
  • edited January 2018
    Thanks @jazubon, no haven’t come accross this bug. Sorry about that. Hopefully it doesn’t happen in the new beta for you. If it does i’ll fix it.
  • Just discovered it only happens when using GTL in Audiobus. On it's own GTL is fine. I have ableton link disabled in all apps...it's annoying.
  • MEEEEEEEEEEE !!
  • jazubon wrote: »
    Just discovered it only happens when using GTL in Audiobus. On it's own GTL is fine. I have ableton link disabled in all apps...it's annoying.

Ah this is a big clue, thanks @jazubon.
  • @jazubon, I think I’ve managed to recreate this bug. Does it only happen the first time you record without CUE? From a blank session?
  • Jack wrote: »
    I’m with you now :smile:

But... Did you added me? I wasn’t in the previous...
  • dubbylabby wrote: »

Oops sorry @dubbylabby, added now. :)
  • edited January 2018
    dubbylabby wrote: »
    Jack wrote: »
    Oops sorry @dubbylabby, added now. :)

Joined! Thanks once again Sir :wink:
  • @Jack do you need any more beta testers?
  • edited January 2018
    @girlvsworld, more the merrier!
  • I should have put the 'No Cue record not working in Audiobus bug' in another thread possibly. But just to answer your question, Jack, yes....it only happens on the first record without CUE.

BETA
    Great stuff here!. Love the solo, new size mix XY pads, Duplicate in save menu, AU effects, tap tempo!,cue mute/overdub, progress clock in group stop/start buttons, master group mute!, bluetooth switch on, FX sub menus much easier to use...all fantastic. a few bugs in the group panning, maybe...and a couple of black loop occurrences .

I only have four midi buttons to play with so I wouldn't like to comment on any new bindings.

Have I missed any super new things? like, arm track ?

• Hi, new group the loop user here. A great app and concept indeed and I also use loopy and Quantiloop. My setup is a Fractal AX8 modeller/floorboard that sends PC messages only. I found a way how to translate them into CC messages and address group the loop. From my first experience I missed an undo function for loops. Also, how to clear the actual running loop even when a group is selected. Which is not possible. It would also be helpful to leave out the master group when circling through the groups (“select next group”) as the mastergroup will mostly serve as a background rhythm that is running constantly. My 2 Cents anyway.

Well, I would gladly sign up as a beta tester if there is still a chance to do so. Let me know..
  • Heinrich wrote: »
    Hi, new group the loop user here. A great app and concept indeed and I also use loopy and Quantiloop. My setup is a Fractal AX8 modeller/floorboard that sends PC messages only. I found a way how to translate them into CC messages and address group the loop. From my first experience I missed an undo function for loops. Also, how to clear the actual running loop even when a group is selected. Which is not possible. It would also be helpful to leave out the master group when circling through the groups (“select next group”) as the mastergroup will mostly serve as a background rhythm that is running constantly. My 2 Cents anyway.

Well, I would gladly sign up as a beta tester if there is still a chance to do so. Let me know..
    Hi @Heinrich, welcome to the forum.

Hmmm that’s strange, I thought the current version on GTL accepted PC messages. If you get a moment, it would be useful to see a midi log of the PC messages you are sending to see why GTL is not recognising them.

You can undo a loop overdub by swiping left. This is not midi controllable but it is in the beta. :)

If you are using midi to select groups then you should be able to clear a loop. You need to select the group first then assign your command to ‘Clear loop 1’ which you will find in the ‘Loop in group’ category. This has all changed in the beta so you may want to wait until then.

If you message me your email then i’ll add you to the beta program.

Cheers!
  • Hi @Jack,

dammit, I didn´t know group the loop reacts to PC messages because I expected CC or note on/off would be used for such applications but here we go: It works with PC commands. And I struggled so hard to transform PC into CC...
    Well, "Undo" was meant as a midifeature.. but you´re already at it.
    I used "clear loop" as advised, choose the group and the loop I was working with, could not be cleared. However, beta changed it all.
    Let me tell you, I am happy I purchased your app as the layout structure is exactly what I looked for. Mind you, I have a Pigtronix infinity looper sitting on my shelf. But I think your app is the way to go.
    Tahanx and looking forward to beta testing!

I will send you my mail adress in a minute.
  • Ah, you had me worried there :). PC and CC commands have the same functionality in GTL although if you use midi note on/off you can take advantage of the ‘hold’ feature.

Glad you like the app, just ask if you have any questions.