Skip to content

Can I assign a separate input for each group?

Hi

I don’t own this yet but will by in a heartbeat if I can do this

I have a 4 channel input. I play

guitar on 1
bass on 2
vocals on 3
Synth on 4

Could I auto assign the 4 individual inputs to the 4 sections of a group?

Hope that makes sense?

Comments

• Hi @bendy,

You can’t I’m afraid, the best route to go is to mix your instruments before they get to GTL then you can record any instrument to any loop. I prefer an external analogue or digital mixing desk, preferable one with a usb interface so you can connect straight to your device. alternatively you can also use a third party app like AUM to mix your instruments into GTL.

Keep an eye out for GTL pro, I’m working on it now and will do exactly what you’re asking.
  • @Jack said:
    Hi @bendy,

You can’t I’m afraid, the best route to go is to mix your instruments before they get to GTL then you can record any instrument to any loop. I prefer an external analogue or digital mixing desk, preferable one with a usb interface so you can connect straight to your device. alternatively you can also use a third party app like AUM to mix your instruments into GTL.

Keep an eye out for GTL pro, I’m working on it now and will do exactly what you’re asking.

Great news!

• Ah ok looks like I will wait for pro

I have a allen and heath zedi-10fx mixer I go through and it has the 4 outputs.

Whilst I can do that tracks bleed, and I would like to not have to solo each track. Bit lazy I know but if pro will do this take my cash now. ;-)

Thanks
  • Ah I see, muting can be tricky. I’ve had success by turning down guitars with the volume control and using a mute paddle or switchable microphone for vocals. Just got to remember to turn them back on!

Just out of curiosity, if you could map each instrument to its own loop, how would you manage monitoring? Would you monitor directly through your mixing desk or expect GTL to handle the monitoring?