Skip to content

Korg Gadget and GTL

I apologize for a naive question...I recently bought Korg Gadget and wanted to use it with GTL. It shows up in the input source list as if the audio from Gadget could be directed to a loop in GTL. But it seems to not work. Do I have to use Audiobus to make this work, or is this a setting somewhere? Typically, when something shows up in the Input Source list, it works, more or less. Thanks for any help with this.

Comments

• @gmpolin said:
    I apologize for a naive question...I recently bought Korg Gadget and wanted to use it with GTL. It shows up in the input source list as if the audio from Gadget could be directed to a loop in GTL. But it seems to not work. Do I have to use Audiobus to make this work, or is this a setting somewhere? Typically, when something shows up in the Input Source list, it works, more or less. Thanks for any help with this.

Hi @gmpolin, sorry about this. Sounds like a bug to me, I have't heard of it with Gadget but have had reports of a similar issue with Beat Maker 3. With BM3 the only solution was to launch BM3 first then GTL.

So you could try:
    1. Clear the device memory. Hold the power button until you see the 'Slide to power off' screen, then hold the home button until the screen disappears.
    2. Open Gadget first.
    3. Open GTL
    4. Connect Gadget in GTL.

Do let me know if this works or not.

Cheers

• Jack, yes that seems to work....although I went through a period of confusion I won't bore you with. We'll see if it happens again when I forget to start Gadget first.

• @gmpolin said:
    Jack, yes that seems to work....although I went through a period of confusion I won't bore you with. We'll see if it happens again when I forget to start Gadget first.

Ah that's good. Could you let me know if you get the same issue launching Gadget from AUM? BM3 also struggles to launch in AUM and it would be good to know if this is the case for Gadget.

Cheers