Skip to content

New MIDI control bindings for Switch to group N and play when current loop-cycle finishes

Currently - unless I've missed something - i can set up two pedals with select next group and select previous group and then
I have to map a pedal to PLAY in order to trigger the group.

But it would be nice to just be able to say map 3 pedals - one for "Switch to and PLAY group 1 after current loop cycle" another for "Switch to and PLAY group 2 after current loop cycle" and so on.

It might also ( of course ) be worth just checking out all the different mapping options available in Loopy HD and use that to get an idea.

Comments

• edited November 2016
    No that's the way to do it.

I'm planning to expand the MIDI functions soon. I'm going to look into multiple functions per command, so then you could assign switch and play group to one foot pedal/midi command.
  • edited December 2016
    @nonchai wrote:
    Currently - unless I've missed something - i can set up two pedals with select next group and select previous group and then
    I have to map a pedal to PLAY in order to trigger the group.

But it would be nice to just be able to say map 3 pedals - one for "Switch to and PLAY group 1 after current loop cycle" another for "Switch to and PLAY group 2 after current loop cycle" and so on.

It might also ( of course ) be worth just checking out all the different mapping options available in Loopy HD and use that to get an idea.
    @Jack wrote:
    No that's the way to do it.

I'm planning to expand the MIDI functions soon. I'm going to look into multiple functions per command, so then you could assign switch and play group to one foot pedal/midi command.

Yes I really like this app. Great job!
    I also agree with @nonchai ,

1 binding that automatically selects a specific group and plays it would be perfect. And maybe if we can sneak in a volume control binding for the track/loop that we can use right after we record it. I have a fcb1010 and would love to use the expression pedals for that.