Skip to content

Display AUM ( or AudioBus ? ) icon when one has opened GTL inside AUM.

edited December 2016 in Feature Wish-lists
I noticed a while back that my drummer app - Soft Drummer, displays the icon for AUM when i've opened SD (and GTL) inside
AUM. Tapping on the AUM icon then bring it up.

Having such a feature in GTL would be handy. Currently one can switch to GTL if one is also using AudioBus - by bringing up the pull-out-toolbar thing. Or one can just launch AUM the old fashioned iPad ways. But having this icon just included inside GTL when being used would be really handy.

So much brain-power gets expended on switching between apps - in order to view them or adjust volumes, stop-start transport etc - so any thing that makes my minuscule brain able to focus more on the music-side the better

Oh and - Did i forget to mention... I LOOOOOV THIS APP !!

:)

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Hey @nonchai,

Apologies if I've misunderstood your question but GTL does display an icon when connected to AUM. It should appear in the IAA transport view on the left of the screen and tapping it will open AUM.
  • Yes that appears. But no I meant a big icon for AUM that appear in the app itself.
    Not all audio apps do this but AniMoog does, and SoftDrummer ( or Funk Drummer etc ) does. And its a much more direct way to get to AUM without any swipes.

PS - i'd just buy Soft Drummer - its a superb app. Am thinking of buying Funk Drummer too as a result.
  • It appears on the left...?
  • Hmmmmm - i've just seen it... now, And this time it seems always to be there - not the temp panel thing.

Maybe it doesnt always appear as it should ? dunno. Will give it a play. But yes - i see it now.
  • edited December 2016
    Ah - i get it now. I see that icon when launching GTL just inside AUM. But when i've opened GTL inside AudioBus ( alongside other apps ) and have AUM as the destination for the other sound generating apps - then i get the AudioBus panel on the left - NOT the AUM icon. So the AUM icon in GTL only appears when using IAA and AUM - not AudioBus and AUM.

Don't know if its an API thing - but it would still be nice if that AUM icon can appear when using GTL and AUM inside AudioBus ( since the way things stand - its most beneficial and powerful to use both AUM and AudioBus and AudioBus remote )

All a bit complex really !
    wonder if AudioBus 3 will do any with the need for AUM..
  • edited December 2016
    @nonchai wrote:
    Ah - i get it now. I see that icon when launching GTL just inside AUM. But when i've opened GTL inside AudioBus ( alongside other apps ) and have AUM as the destination for the other sound generating apps - then i get the AudioBus panel on the left - NOT the AUM icon. So the AUM icon in GTL only appears when using IAA and AUM - not AudioBus and AUM.

Don't know if its an API thing - but it would still be nice if that AUM icon can appear when using GTL and AUM inside AudioBus ( since the way things stand - its most beneficial and powerful to use both AUM and AudioBus and AudioBus remote )

All a bit complex really !
    wonder if AudioBus 3 will do any with the need for AUM..

I see, ABRemote is pretty useful so what you're doing is a good approach.

Can you not open AUM via the Audiobus panel on the left from within GTL?
  • edited December 2016
    You can - but frankly the AB implementation is a drag. Its back to that "one finger-press to do a task" thing of mine.

In that AB panel you have to select the app icon THEN click on the grey launch icon below to switch to the app ( say AUM ) and often the first time - you get this "Do you want to launch AUM?" dialog beforehand too.

So having a simple one-click access to AUM is quicker by far. And until AudioBus 3 arrives, AUM is the one app one is most likely to want to get to from GTL - to control overall volumes etc.
  • edited December 2016
    I see what you mean,

what about using ABRemote to switch between the apps?
  • It seems AB3 will overpass all this mesh :)
  • <what about using ABRemote to switch between the apps?>

own it but tbh on a single iPad a bit of a pain.
  • @nonchai wrote:
    <what about using ABRemote to switch between the apps?>

own it but tbh on a single iPad a bit of a pain.

Ah got you, yes ABRemote won't be much use on the same device for switching between apps. Great if you have an iPhone as well though.