Skip to content

Help recording a stereo loop out of AUM?

I've done a search here and I see mentions of loops being able to be stereo, but I can't get this to work out of AUM. Note, I'm not talking about panning loops after the fact in GTL.

If I pan a track in AUM it seems to come out in the centre of the resulting loop. I just recorded a single loop of me playing organ panned hard left and piano panned hard right, using the same midi keyboard, This sounded as I expected within AUM, but the resulting loop in GTL was mono.

My setup is everything I might want to loop in AUM has a send to a bus, the output of which is GTL. Then there's another channel with GTL as the input.

I can't find any settings anywhere to make this work.

thanks, Simon

Comments

• edited May 2020

Hi @SimonSomeone,

I'm not 100% on this without seeing your setup but it sounds like an IAA bug to me. I've had reports of GTL session's sometimes opening in mono if using GTL with IAA and an audio interface connected.

Does restarting your AUM session or reconnecting your interface help at all?

Do you get the same results if you just use your device's headphone jack?

• Thanks, I'll try a few things like that and report back. I had never thought of restarting the session, as it has only ever worked in mono, and i thought maybe there was some setting I had missed somewhere rather than a malfunction occurring.

I'll try a new session, and also just using the inbuilt audio.I never do this normally as bringing in my guitar via an interface is crucial, but I'll see how it goes as a test.

• Thanks @SimonSomeone,

Do let me know if you find a way to reproduce the bug and I can look into it.

Cheers

• I was able to make a new project that worked as expected using inbuilt audio. Plus my existing project also worked correctly with inbuilt audio.

I don't think I've ever had stereo loops using an interface, but I'll try again tomorrow with some new project files and see what I can come up with.

• Well curiously enough I've done some more tests using my audio interface, same test as yesterday but with new sessions, and it worked fine. Then I opened up the same actual file I was working on yesterday, and it worked fine there too.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not going mad, but does that result sound plausible? Maybe some sort of reset of something by using built-in audio fixed things?

• edited May 2020

Nope you're not going mad, I've experienced this myself. As it's fairly unpredictable it's a difficult one to fix. The last time I'm pretty sure I concluded it was an IAA bug and reconnecting the interface sorted it out.

If you're able to reproduce it at all I'd be interested to know how.

Cheers

• Thanks, I'll try to keep a watch out for it. Also, I've just noticed the bar rulers in loops, that's an awesome new feature! I think it's new anyway...

• @SimonSomeone said:
    Thanks, I'll try to keep a watch out for it. Also, I've just noticed the bar rulers in loops, that's an awesome new feature! I think it's new anyway...

Great thanks, Yep that's a fairly new addition!