Skip to content

Audiobus coming to foreground on midi command, GTL pushed to background

Hi all (and esp @Jack) :)

I am using GTL with Audiobus and a Korg nanoKontrol2 as the midi controller. I am using a few buttons and a couple faders of the Korg to send midi signals to Audiobus and the reset of the Korg buttons and faders are used for sending midi signals to GTL.

Somehow I have gotten in a mode where Audiobus gets pulled to the foreground whenever it receives midi signals from the Korg. So at the same time, GTL is getting pushed to the background - which is not what I want. I want to watch / monitor GTL during performance, so I need it to stay in the foreground. I am just using audiobus to independently control the volume of the inputs and to enable/disable the audio inputs going into GTL.

I had not had any issues with this until just recently. I think this is what happened - I was in GTL and got a pop-up which said something like "OK to switch to audiobus" and without thinking much I said yes. And since then Audiobus comes to the foreground on any midi signals it receives.

I cannot seem to find how to disable this mode or switch it back so that GTL always stays in the foreground. Any ideas?

I have a bunch of midi and key bindings defined in GTL and would prefer not to reinstall GTL as I believe I would lose all those. I don't mind reinstalling audiobus because I don't have many bindings there - that might be my next step.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi all - turns out there is a "Switch to" option directly in the midi bindings in Audiobus 3. I didn't realize they were there and that I was flipping those on. So I cleared that switch option from all my AB3 midi bindings and all is good now. 🙂

• Thanks for the update, will be useful for others!
  • Very interesting. Does anyone know whether there's something like that for AUM? Would be nice to change between apps using MIDI.

• @josh said:
    Very interesting. Does anyone know whether there's something like that for AUM? Would be nice to change between apps using MIDI.

Late reply, but yes, AUM has switch to apps, and also switch back to AUM is possible. I have Midi commands to switch between AUM, GTL, Soft drummer etc working successfully.

• Using slide over function is also a possibility...

• @SimonSomeone said:

@josh said:
    Very interesting. Does anyone know whether there's something like that for AUM? Would be nice to change between apps using MIDI.

Late reply, but yes, AUM has switch to apps, and also switch back to AUM is possible. I have Midi commands to switch between AUM, GTL, Soft drummer etc working successfully.

Good to know!