Skip to content

air turn quad with GTL?

My iPad Air recognizes air turn quad
but gtl does not

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Hi @dave,

The air turn will need to support MIDI over Bluetooth for it to work with GTL. I don’t have an air turn so I can’t confirm this myself. Maybe there is a particular mode for this?

I do know that the standard modes send out key commands. Unfortunately the key commands are all ‘function’ keys (pageUp, pageDown) and GTL only supports character keys at the moment (e.g A, B, C...)

Now you have mentioned it I will look into supporting function keys as well.
  • Thanks for the response, It gives me something to work with.

• Hey Dave,
    I have the same problem. Air Turn works on Ipad, not on gtl.
    Did you find a solution? Can you help me?

• have the AirTurn Duo and I believe they operate the same. There is an extra step to get into MIDI mode.

From the manual:
    CHANGING​ ​THE​ MODE
    1. Turn on the AirTurn.
    2. Press and hold the MODE button. The red LED will flash once per second from 1 to 7 flashes. The number of flashes corresponds to the MODE
    number. Be sure to count the flashes.
    3. Release the MODE button following the number of flashes that reflects the desired MODE. The blue and red LED will flash together the number of times indicating which MODE has been set.
    Example: ​To set MODE 2, hold the MODE button for 2 flashes of the red LED, release, and both LEDs will flash 2 times to confirm the MODE 2 setting.
    Note: Once the MODE has been set, it will remain the same until it is changed following the above steps.

Mode 7 is the MIDI mode.
  • Brilliant, thanks @planetcaravan. This is very useful info, glad to hear the AirTurn Duo has a MIDI mode and works with GTL :)