Skip to content

Official Feature Wish-List

13»

Comments

• @ObscadeD said:

Most things seem to just work, however there's quite a bit to do on the UI ... GTL can end up looking pretty funky!

Lol, Oh Yes I forgot about that! I'm so use to using programs when they're not working properly and dealing with it I clean forgot about that, Lol! It does look odd at first, Group 1 hard left and Group 2 hard right. When using it if the UI behaves funny I just resize it till works, like when the settings menu doesn't fully disappear when I close it, Lol.

I'll create a video and show you how I've learned to use GTL on an M1. Maybe seeing something I do can help aid you in making a streamlined MacOS app version. ❤️✌🏻

Thanks @ObscadeD, much appreciated!

• edited August 2021

Hi Jack,

Hope you're doing well. I've seen elsewhere that you've been thinking of what a v3 or Pro version might look like, so this might be beyond the scope for the current app, and this is a niche request.

I would love if there was a way for send a MIDI message virtually to other apps (AUM and Patterning 2 in my case), when a group starts or stops playing. I'd like to sync a change in a group in Group the Loop with a similar change in Patterning. (I'm currently doing this by having both Group the Loop and Patterning listen to the same MIDI change, but it's little janky).

It's unclear whether the group would receive the signal before the patterning loop, so the ideal for me would, for the case where the change is queued up for it to have an offset.. so that the MIDI note was sent maybe 10 milliseconds before the starts of the new loop to help avoid a race condition.

• edited August 2021

@Harry said:
    Hi Jack,

Hope you're doing well. I've seen elsewhere that you've been thinking of what a v3 or Pro version might look like, so this might be beyond the scope for the current app, and this is a niche request.

I would love if there was a way for send a MIDI message virtually to other apps (AUM and Patterning 2 in my case), when a group starts or stops playing. I'd like to sync a change in a group in Group the Loop with a similar change in Patterning. (I'm currently doing this by having both Group the Loop and Patterning listen to the same MIDI change, but it's little janky).

It's unclear whether the group would receive the signal before the patterning loop, so the ideal for me would, for the case where the change is queued up for it to have an offset.. so that the MIDI note was sent maybe 10 milliseconds before the starts of the new loop to help avoid a race condition.

Hi @Harry, very good thanks :)

Love your idea, thanks for posting it. So basically a kind of MIDI feedback when GTL switches groups, something you can listen for from another app.

I'd like GTL Pro to include section synchronisation across devices. For example, one device switches to a chorus and all other devices follow. Maybe I could publish MIDI events alongside so other apps could piggy back on it if required.

FYI I'm in the early stages of GTL Pro so it's going to bit a little while yet before it reaches the App Store. Do let me know though if you're interested in the beta when it eventually surfaces!

Also I'm planning to release two apps one is called LoopUnit and it's an Audio Unit v3 you can use with Audiobus/AUM etc.

The other will be GTL Pro which is a standalone app with extensive input mixing, routing and FX options.

• Hi Jack. This is the first I’ve heard of plans for GTL Pro.
    Very excited about that. Would love to be a part of the beta testing.
    I’m hoping that the ability to open AUM in GTL Pro will be the same as it is in the current version as that just suits my workflow perfectly.
    Setting up multiple audio channels with a master bus with GTL in the output slot is an ideal DAW setup for me.
    Will LoopUnit have similar functionality as GTL? Would like to hear more about that.
    Thanks for keeping your work current. You’ve always been so responsive.

• edited August 2021

Thanks Ben,

So I'm hoping we won't need AUM for Group the Loop Pro, there will be an input mixer so you can mix and route everything inside GTL. Hopefully this should simplify our setups and improve reliability. No more IAA...

Yes I'd like LoopUnit to have the same functionality as GTL Pro, other than the input mixer of course. It would be an AUv3 and sit in the FX slot of a host such as AUM.

It would be great to have you on the beta, are you already testing GTL?

• @Jack said:
    Thanks Ben,

So I'm hoping we won't need AUM for Group the Loop Pro, there will be an input mixer so you can mix and route everything inside GTL. Hopefully this should simplify our setups and improve reliability. No more IAA...

Yes I'd like LoopUnit to have the same functionality as GTL Pro, other than the input mixer of course. It would be an AUv3 and sit in the FX slot of a host such as AUM.

It would be great to have you on the beta, are you already testing GTL?

No I’m not testing GTL currently.
    LoopUnit sounds intriguing.

• Lovely, let me know your email if your interested in beta testing LoopUnit.
  • @Jack I'd be keen to beta test loopunit too. I've been using GTL for a while now as you may remember. My email if you'd like to extend the beta is: someone called simon at g mail dot com
    But without the spaces and other obvious anti spam subterfuge...

• Brilliant thanks @SimonSomeone!

It'll be a little while yet but good to have you on board already!

• Hey, just read this @Jack I’m there of course for Loopunit and GTLPro beta testing 🤘
  • Much appreciated both!
  • BenBen
    edited July 2022

Hi @Jack. Not sure if this has been mentioned.
    It would be great to be able to rearrange the order of the groups as they move left to right.
    So often I’ll decide that changing the placement of the groups makes the song flow much better.
    So when playing/recording the session we wouldn’t have to switch back and forth etc.
    Using the group list at the bottom helps but rearranging would be ideal IMO.
    AUM does something similar where you press and hold and drag to the desired spot.
    Anyway, hope this is doable.
    Thanks for considering either way.
    How’s Pro version coming? Still interested in beta testing if you’ll have me.

• Thanks Ben, yeh it would be great I agree. I'll definitely make this a feature in the pro version. Slow progress but it's coming on!

• @Jack said:
    Thanks Ben, yeh it would be great I agree. I'll definitely make this a feature in the pro version. Slow progress but it's coming on!

Great. Thanks for the response. Looking forward to it.

• Hi @Jack. I wonder if you would consider increasing the number of loops available per group in the pro version.
    As it stands now we can overdub and merge loops but then if we want to make any parameter adjustments it’s limited to everything in that particular loop.
    For just one example this would help when building vocal harmonies. I’m forever changing levels and dropping parts in and out.
    Anyway, really looking forward to the new version. Hope it’s going well.
    AUM into GTL has been my go to recording setup for some time so I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks.

• edited December 2022

Hey @Ben, glad to hear it!

Yes I've already done this in fact. There's currently no limit on the number of loops you can add to a group in GTL Pro. We shall see if this is practical in beta testing but it will certainly be much more than GTL 1.

• @Jack said:
    Hey @Ben, glad to hear it!

Yes I've already done this in fact. There's currently no limit on the number of loops you can add to a group in GTL Pro. We shall see if this is practical in beta testing but it will certainly be much more than GTL 1.

Perfect. Can’t wait! Hope you enjoy your holiday.

• Hi,
    It had been a year since last message in this topic… how is going?

I hope all of you fine 💖

• Hello @jack and everyone. Hope you are all well. Just checking in to see how GTL Pro is coming.
    Think we might see something new in the near future?