Skip to content

MIDI Control for "NEXT GROUP" and "PREVIOUS GROUP" add option to OMIT the MASTER GROUP

I think a lot of the time one is more likely to want to switch between verse and chorus and bridge than switching to ( and turing off/on ) the master group since thats designed to be playing over ANY Group.

So can we have an option in MIDI assignments where the MASTER Group is omitted and the "cursor" or highlight only moves between one of the normal groups ?

Of course being able to assign a pedal to EACH Group by number instead of an up-down thing would be better still.

And of course the option to play the group as soon as we switch to the group by pedal

ta

Comments

• @nonchai wrote:
    I think a lot of the time one is more likely to want to switch between verse and chorus and bridge than switching to ( and turing off/on ) the master group since thats designed to be playing over ANY Group.

So can we have an option in MIDI assignments where the MASTER Group is omitted and the "cursor" or highlight only moves between one of the normal groups ?

Of course being able to assign a pedal to EACH Group by number instead of an up-down thing would be better still.

And of course the option to play the group as soon as we switch to the group by pedal

ta

I'm working on the new MIDI implementation now so I will keep this in mind. There will be a 'select and play next/previous group' binding which will avoid the master group.

Being able to select a group by number would also be useful but i'm not quite sure how this will work yet. I will look into it.
  • edited December 2016
    Sounds great! It will be really useful to avoid the Master track, and the select and play group option seems like a good idea. Could it perhaps go like...
    Select group.. and play it... or..if Group is totally empty then record in the first (or selected ) loop?
  • good idea ricksteruk