Skip to content

Smooth transitions to/from groups

I recorded my first song on GTL today and am pretty impressed with the app! I did notice very slight seams between my transitions from Group 1 to Group 2 and wanted to post this to find out if this is something that just takes some practice to get smooth at, and to see if there are any suggestions from others who have experienced this? I used an imported drum loop for the beat and laid down a few guitar tracks on top.

Comments

• Did you have actived "cue"?
    I made switches over song parts without any glitch, lag or audible artifact...

My iPad model is mini 4 64gb wifi with iOS 10 last version.
  • edited January 2017
    Hi @Rickh57, thanks for getting involved.

Are you experiencing any audible glitches/clips when switching? If so then try increasing the buffer size in the "General" settings view.

Also sometimes loops can sound odd when switched exactly on the beat. You can often get better results by turning off "CUE" and switching the groups manually.

EDIT: One more thought, with slower devices it can take a little bit of time to actually switch between groups and this maybe what you are hearing. Actually i'm planning to optimise this in the next update.
  • Jack wrote: »
    Hi @Rickh57, thanks for getting involved.

Are you experiencing any audible glitches/clips when switching? If so then try increasing the buffer size in the "General" settings view.

Also sometimes loops can sound odd when switched exactly on the beat. You can often get better results by turning off "CUE" and switching the groups manually.

EDIT: One more thought, with slower devices it can take a little bit of time to actually switch between groups and this maybe what you are hearing. Actually i'm planning to optimise this in the next update.

Jack, your last comment may actually be on the money as I'm using an iPad 3. Glad to hear you're working on that! Thanks