Skip to content

New Feature Poll

2»

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Just make the tab a playlist. It not be necessary to see the entire list just the name of the loaded song as "notification" kind apearing and vanishing as some users pointed for preferences/options timeout. ;)
  • edited January 2017
    Might you consider split screen view for iPad as you look at the iPhone layout?
  • Might you consider split screen view for iPad as you look at the iPhone layout?

Yes certainly considering it as the iPhone will be in portrait. It's likely to follow the iPhone release though.
  • Hello, would like to add "wish" to the pool list:
    if a octaver/transposer could be add to effects. Some apps do have it, and this way I record my bass line with my guitar; then apply -12 transpose and have a beautifull bass line loop!
    Is also nice to play chorus/ending 1,2,3 tones up made simple.
    tx
  • Ah, forgot another wish: can Delay effect be syncd to tempo?
    the The Edge style delay is a breeze....!
    tx
    P.S: ....add ping pong delay, other delay etc....
  • edited February 2017
    @Pietrus wrote:
    Hello, would like to add "wish" to the pool list:
    if a octaver/transposer could be add to effects. Some apps do have it, and this way I record my bass line with my guitar; then apply -12 transpose and have a beautifull bass line loop!
    Is also nice to play chorus/ending 1,2,3 tones up made simple.
    tx

Hi @Pietrus, yes that's a great idea. A simple transposer shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'll add it to my list.

Ah, forgot another wish: can Delay effect be syncd to tempo?
    the The Edge style delay is a breeze....!
    tx
    P.S: ....add ping pong delay, other delay etc....

Yes good point, tempo sync delay is on the todo list as well. :)
  • edited February 2017
    Hi @Jack how is going? AB3 is keeping you busy? ;P
    Just kidding... but could you share any hint?

Thanks!
  • edited February 2017
    Hi @Jack how is going? AB3 is keeping you busy? ;P
    Just kidding... but could you share any hint?

Thanks!

Yeh sure, mainly i've been working on improving MIDI support, got lots of new tricks like volume, pan control and various settings that can now be binded. Also you can bind multiple functions to one MIDI command/foot pedal.

I've also added support for AUv3 plugins on both loop effect slots and audio input slots. Not 100% this will make the next update but I have high hopes. Basically, a new popover menu will appear when you tap any effect slot. From there you can add any of the internal effects and any installed AUv3 effect.

Full list of new features as it stands are:
    • Advanced MIDI and Key bindings functionality *
    • AUv3 support (host)
    • Tap tempo
    • Mute and overdub CUE options
    • Improved precision when switching between groups
    • Improved import options for loops.
    * (inc. volume/pan control, multiple functions with one MIDI command)
  • Yeeeeeeeeeah!
    Also sample editor will come soon?
  • Yeeeeeeeeeah!
    Also sample editor will come soon?

That's the plan!
  • Just THANKS. :smiley:
  • Beta testing opening soon? Looks like a tasty update!
  • Beta testing opening soon? Looks like a tasty update!
    Yep, hopefully get something out over the next month or so.

• edited February 2017
    ON the upcoming MIDI control options - i'm waiting for that before finally ordering a MorningStar MC6 MIDI foot-stomp controller :)

http://www.morningstarfx.com
  • PS - theres still some bug that keeps causing loops to play at a wrong pitch when i haven't selected pitch shifting. I keep having to go into settings and switching the popup menu between pitch and tempo stretching in order to fix it.
  • edited February 2017
    @nonchai, the MorningStar pedal looks nice.
    @nonchai wrote:
    PS - theres still some bug that keeps causing loops to play at a wrong pitch when i haven't selected pitch shifting. I keep having to go into settings and switching the popup menu between pitch and tempo stretching in order to fix it.

Thanks for the info, i'll look into it. If you can point me in the right direction so I can try and recreate it that would be useful. Maybe best to message me. Cheers.

EDIT: Just to double check your aware that 'time stretch' processes offline so there will always be a delay after changing tempo where you will here the loops change in pitch while waiting for the processing to complete.
  • Hi again fellas!
    I'm wondering if it could be sense add Ableton Live export into GTL? It seems a "pro" feature in most of the actual apps but... it could be useful for GTL users?
    I can imagine it like:
    * Fixed loop as four channels with the loops in them.
    * Song parts as channels with samples listed.

iTOH with the incoming sampler editor maybe we could something similar for iOS apps like BlocsWave/Launchpad?
  • Hi again fellas!
    I'm wondering if it could be sense add Ableton Live export into GTL? It seems a "pro" feature in most of the actual apps but... it could be useful for GTL users?
    I can imagine it like:
    * Fixed loop as four channels with the loops in them.
    * Song parts as channels with samples listed.

iTOH with the incoming sampler editor maybe we could something similar for iOS apps like BlocsWave/Launchpad?

That's a good idea, I'll add it to my list. :)
  • Glad to see you like it!
  • Yeh I can see the benefit. I think we need some sort of dedicated 'Export' page in the settings. So you can easily export multiple loops. Ableton Live export would fit in there nicely too. Can't promise anything soon but i'd like to include it eventually.
  • Do you know the app LooptunesHD? I talked about it before... maybe could be a companion app...
  • edited March 2017
    Do you know the app LooptunesHD? I talked about it before... maybe could be a companion app...

No I didn't, looks cool though!
  • I'm trying to see if it could be possible make the required implementations to work altogether...
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/17622/looptunes-on-sale-starting-at-0-99#latest

:wink:
  • @Jack Do you have a roadmap of implementations? Midi bindings seems next update but... how is going sample editor?
  • edited March 2017
    dubbylabby wrote:
    @Jack Do you have a roadmap of implementations? Midi bindings seems next update but... how is going sample editor?

Not an official one no, I want to tackle the sample editor next as I've been meaning to do it for awhile. Then I suppose it's the iPhone version.
  • Thanks a lot for sharing the info. I'm sure it will be amazing
  • Maybe someone missed the true snapshot with my tricky post so next try again here...
    Jack wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay, been a busy couple of weeks. I've put together some screenshots of some of the new features of the forthcoming GTL update below. I've not provided much information so just ask if you'd like to know anymore.

Cheers!

Duplicate session option.
    GTLSessionDuplicate.png

General settings page. New options to enable CUE for mute and overdub.
    GTLGeneralSettingsPage.png

Tap tempo, hold to reset.
    GTLTapTempo.png

New effects picker accessed by tapping an effects slot on any loop or the audio input. Here you can load Audio units, IAA effects (Hopefully!) and the built in effects.
    GTLEffectsPicker.png

Audio unit inserted on GTL input slot:
    GTLAUv3Input.png

Audio unit extensions container view:
    GTLAUv3ContainerView.png
    MIDI settings page.
    GTLMIDISettingsPage.png

Active MIDI bindings page. Inspect all active MIDI bindings, the circle to the left of each binding will light up when the assigned MIDI command is triggered. Useful for testing setups.
    GTLMIDIActiveBIndingsPage.png

MIDI Binding config view. Assign a MIDI command, set the trigger type, add multiple functions to one binding, access advanced function options.
    GTLMIDIBIndingsConfigViewSelectAndPlay.png

MIDI bindings set manager. Store and recall your MIDI binding workflows here.
    GTLMIDIBindingsSetManagerPage.png

• Hello @Jack!
    Idk if you have this in mind but could it be possible add “dragndrop from Files.app feature” to the new version?
    Also there is any possibility to know when will be?

Thanks
  • edited December 2017
    @dubbylabby, yes I defiantly want to add drag and drop. What apps were you hoping to drag from? Files?

I’m still really keen to get this update out, sorry it’s taken so long! Work etc... it’s 90% there I think but it’s been that way for the last couple of months :neutral: . Also I keep thinking of new things to add...

I’ll push to at least get the beta out soon so you guys can use it and provide feedback :)
  • Jack wrote: »
    @dubbylabby, yes I defiantly want to add drag and drop. What apps were you hoping to drag from? Files?

I’m still really keen to get this update out, sorry it’s taken so long! Work etc... it’s 90% there I think but it’s been that way for the last couple of months :neutral: . Also I keep thinking of new things to add...

I’ll push to at least get the beta out soon so you guys can use it and provide feedback :)

Yes mainly Files since I found export from BlocsWave is straightforward (and Files should be the standard)
    Don’t worry about timming it’s just curiosity to see how is going, mate. :wink: