Skip to content

Immediate stop group play?

Hello,

I am new this app (loving it very much so far) and I was wondering:
Is there a way to immediately stop playback of a group without stopping the master group?

Currently if I press stop on the group it queues the stop till the end of the loop, but sometimes I would just like to stop the group immediately while the master track keeps on playing.

Is this possible or is there a workaround to get similar behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• The cue button should address that.
  • Yep, @dubbylabby is correct. Turn off CUE and stopping a group becomes instant.
  • Thanks, I have experimented using the CUE button.
    The 'problem' is that after immediately stopping, I also want to queue a group to start in sync with the master group.

So that means, quickly pressing CUE, press stop group 1, press CUE again and press play group 2.
    This while keep singing along and keeping in mind that the master loop size is currently 1 measure.

I am not sure if that is really workable in a live situation, but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to things?
  • It could be easy midi map group mute, toggle it and just Launch the next group. You will hear the same and keep cueing alive.
    In the next update with volume bindings it could be possible play a lot with silence and so.
  • edited May 2017
    japj wrote: »
    Thanks, I have experimented using the CUE button.
    The 'problem' is that after immediately stopping, I also want to queue a group to start in sync with the master group.

So that means, quickly pressing CUE, press stop group 1, press CUE again and press play group 2.
    This while keep singing along and keeping in mind that the master loop size is currently 1 measure.

I am not sure if that is really workable in a live situation, but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to things?

Yeh that sounds a little tricky to be trying live. Are you using a MIDI foot controller? In the next update there will be a MIDI binding option to stop a group immediately even if CUE is turned on. Or even do something similar to what @dubbylabby suggested.

Another thought, would being able to stop groups immediately by double tapping the group play button be of any use? I'm sure I could add something like this.
  • Double tap binding could be useful for stop or mute for sure!
  • Yes, double tap would be great!
    I am not using a MIDI controller, so anything that would work with the default UI would be fantastic if possible
  • edited May 2017
    Ok i'll see what I can do!
  • I've introduced double tap to play/stop groups immediately today. Seems to work quite well so it should be in the next update.
  • very nice to hear, thank you for the great support!
  • Thanx for your replies <a href="http://usopen-golf.com/"><font color=#2c3e50>here</font></a>. It helped me too!