Skip to content

Extra tap to confirm recording, what do you think?

edited January 2018 in Help
Hi everyone,

So I’ve been thinking of changing the behaviour of loops when you tap them for the first time. Currently they just record/Cue straight away, this is great if you are tracking live but sometimes it’s just too easy to trigger a recording accidentally.

My proposal is to add a ‘confirm’ view when you tap an empty loop. From there you will have two options. Record and import. The downside is it means one extra tap.

So, do you think this is a good idea?
Do you find yourselves accidentally recording when you’re trying to do something else?
Would it slow down your process?

Cheers

Comments

• What about put a main “Arm” record button on the top next to main “Play”?
  • dubbylabby wrote: »
    What about put a main “Arm” record button on the top next to main “Play”?
    Hadn’t thought of that option, good idea.
  • edited January 2018
    You can send me royalties to my papal account.
    It’s groupthelooplover@paypal.me.thanks

:trollface:

Ps: It’s easy to advice smart advices when it’s over smart design as base.
    :wink:
  • Personally I don't find myself hitting record by mistake. I do like the idea of being able to select a target loop within a group, as you can with midi by putting an orange border round it, but somehow without having to tap your foot, often many times, to get to the desired location. At present, on a recorded loop, if you tap the loop you get the mute or overdub options. How about having 4 tap zones on a loop and do without the flipping over window to reveal the current 2 options. Tap to the far left and it records, tap to the left and it just selects/arms the loop slot) and tap to the right and it goes straight into overdub, tap to the far right and it clears. Graphically, maybe the four zones would be different colours, that would be pushed to the background once a loop waveform was drawn in. Maybe the whole loop /group rectangles could also be a bit larger.

But what I'd really like is a simple TAP tempo button and quick bluetooth connection.

I hope you will be charging for the update.

• edited January 2018
    jazubon wrote: »
    Personally I don't find myself hitting record by mistake. I do like the idea of being able to select a target loop within a group, as you can with midi by putting an orange border round it, but somehow without having to tap your foot, often many times, to get to the desired location. At present, on a recorded loop, if you tap the loop you get the mute or overdub options. How about having 4 tap zones on a loop and do without the flipping over window to reveal the current 2 options. Tap to the far left and it records, tap to the left and it just selects/arms the loop slot) and tap to the right and it goes straight into overdub, tap to the far right and it clears. Graphically, maybe the four zones would be different colours, that would be pushed to the background once a loop waveform was drawn in. Maybe the whole loop /group rectangles could also be a bit larger.

But what I'd really like is a simple TAP tempo button and quick bluetooth connection.

I hope you will be charging for the update.

Thanks @jazubon that’s useful to know.

“Tap to select” for midi foot pedals, i’ve been meaning to add this for awhile. I’m thinking maybe a global button to enable it. I like your idea of the 4 tap zones though, I’ll give it some thought.

Tap tempo is in the next update :)

Thanks for your ideas!