Skip to content

Disable mic

Forgive me if I am being a simple old fool, but apart from opening settings and disabling the mic, is there a quick on the fly way within the app. .? would be handy. Thanks

Comments

• Only way I can think of would be to turn the input volume down in 'Settings - Audio Input'. Out of interest, what's your reason for doing this?
  • A mic with switch?
  • thanks for speedy responses..I'm just using the inbuilt iPad mic, and after I've put down a few loops i want to hear it on speakers without feedback.
    Forgive my ignorance again, but if I use an audio interface would that automatically bypass the inbuilt mic...so i could just record and monitor stuff like electric guitars without having to use headphones?

thanks
  • Yes and if you want to add a virtual switch until it become addressed (or just @Jack point us how to) you can use AUM channel muting.

• edited August 2017
    @jazubon wrote:
    thanks for speedy responses..I'm just using the inbuilt iPad mic, and after I've put down a few loops i want to hear it on speakers without feedback.
    Forgive my ignorance again, but if I use an audio interface would that automatically bypass the inbuilt mic...so i could just record and monitor stuff like electric guitars without having to use headphones?

thanks
    Hmmm GTL should automatically turn off input monitoring when you pull your headphones out. Unless of cause you are monitoring the input from another app, e.g. Audiobus. Do let me know if this is not working correctly for you.

Yes an audio interface would certainly solve this problem if you want to plug guitars etc directly into the iPad.
  • thanks for the mic switch idea. Also...GTL is now automatically switching off the input
    monitoring when I pull the cans out....weird...but hey, it's working....so thanks. Another thing...is it possible to COPY (rather than just MOVE) a clip from one location to another? AND (my final request..) is it possible to drop in on a 16 bar clip with a count in, but without having to wait for 16 bars to go round? E.G i lay down a guitar part with length 16...then I switch to bass and want to start playing along and recording before the first guitar part starts again from the first bar. Disabling CUE doesnt seem like th solution...Thanks again