Skip to content

Import loops (and GarageBand Sync) not working?

Hey… I just made a song using the built-in drummer, and it’s great, but it is repetitive, with no crash symbols or fills. So I went and built a nice 8 bar loop using one of garageband’s virtual drummers, and I hoped to have that garageband audio input into GTL, but GTL never recognizes it as an inter-audio app. So that’s my first issue.

To get around this, I exported the “song” from garageband, which is really just a single eight bar drum track, as a wav file to my iPad’s file folder, and when I went back to GTL and browsed for it, it was grayed out. And clickable with no icon… Just a blank rectangle. I also tried AIFF. Didn’t work either.

So I just checked the GTL manual, and it gave me instructions for how to browse for files to import or to drag and drop (which I couldn’t figure out how), but it didn’t mention anything about the proper file format.

Interestingly, in my thumbjam app folder (in the Files app), there was one wav file in there, and GTL recognized it.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Well, I figured it out, but I think it’s a glitch with GarageBand or my iPad. Instead of exporting the song from GarageBand to the Files app, I text d it to myself instead. Then, I saved it from my text app to the files app, and GTL recognized it.

Weird.

But GTL did it’s job ;-)
  • @Nolefinity said:
    Well, I figured it out, but I think it’s a glitch with GarageBand or my iPad. Instead of exporting the song from GarageBand to the Files app, I text d it to myself instead. Then, I saved it from my text app to the files app, and GTL recognized it.

Weird.

But GTL did it’s job ;-)

Hi @Nolefinity,

Glad you got it sorted, there should be an easier way than texting it to yourself... Strange.

I don't think Garageband can send audio via Inter-App Audio so you won't be able to load it as an input in GTL. Drag and drop is the easiest way to share audio with GTL although this is for iPad only. The Files app is the next best option and should work. You could also try selecting "Open in" from Garageband, that maybe quicker.

Let me know how you get on.

• Also check lumbeats apps as drummer companion. These are very nice.
  • @dubbylabby hey, I just saw this reply. Super helpful! Thank you very much.

I will check out that app suggestion, and I couldn’t figure out how to drag and drop anything from the iPad GarageBand to group the loop. I’ll play around, but if anybody has some advice, that would be great.

And in a new thread, I just posted my first video using GTL for the first time. Love it!

Thanks again.
  • @Nolefinity said:
    @dubbylabby hey, I just saw this reply. Super helpful! Thank you very much.

I will check out that app suggestion, and I couldn’t figure out how to drag and drop anything from the iPad GarageBand to group the loop. I’ll play around, but if anybody has some advice, that would be great.

And in a new thread, I just posted my first video using GTL for the first time. Love it!

Thanks again.

Garageband doesn't let dragndrop outside... you should mute parts and export into files.app. From there you can dragndrop into GTL.

Hope it makes sense.
    Cheers.