Skip to content

Multiply/divide vs. add/subtract

I’m unsure whether this is a bug or a feature, but while in GTL the buttons for changing the loop‘s length are labelled „multiply“ resp. „Divide“, they actually simply add resp. subtract by 1.

Loopy HD has both, adding/subtracting and multiplying/dividing. This would be really useful to have in GTL, as pressing on a button multiple times could be reduced a lot.

Also, I would appreciate to have keyboard bindings that would set a specific tempo, like 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12.

Comments

• Like http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussion/253/apply-cue-option-to-input-change#latest, this feels very crucial to me for live performances. I neither have time to press a button multiple times nor do I have capacity to keep in mind the clock‘s current setting (so I know how many times I would need to press the divide resp. Multiply buttons).

If I need the clock to be 8, I want to press one single button, in any time and situation.
  • PS: I hope I don‘t sound too demanding here. I appreciate the great work of you guys, Jack and Dubbylabby. I‘m simply offering my thoughts here, hoping to help to make GTL an even greater app than it already is. :-)
  • Thanks for pointing this out @josh, your right it should be ‘+’ and ‘-‘ symbols. I think the very first version of GTL multiplied the clock duration and the buttons just stuck...

So what would you invisage the multiply button doing, multiply by 2? (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32)
  • Thanks, Jack.

Yeah, just multiply by 2. At least Loopy does it like that. Maybe sliding up would multiply or divide, and clicking the buttons would add or subtract? Or vice versa?