Midi Clock

Hello Jack...GREAT APP!

Midi clock implementation would be a most welcomed feature...it would allow syncing with external midi devices such as Beatbuddy, drum machines, keyboards, etc.

Comments

  • Thanks @Jdub, I'll keep it in mind :)

  • Meanwhile maybe something like midi sync link or link to midi could do the trick.
  • Hello there, great looper! I very much like the idea of a structure centric looper! Its a novel idea and this is what a digital looper should aim for!

    @Jdub said:
    Midi clock implementation would be a most welcomed feature...it would allow syncing with external midi devices such as Beatbuddy, drum machines, keyboards, etc.

    That!

    +midi start, midi stop, send (programmable) pc/cc on session load

  • edited December 2019
    > @dubbylabby said:
    > Meanwhile maybe something like midi sync link or link to midi could do the trick.

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/link-to-midi/id1066216595
  • edited December 2019
    Yeah, it doesn’t help. Point is to sync with external (hardware) drum machines. Those come in midi flavor only

    LE: you’re right, it helps, to a certain degree
  • > @dang said:
    > Yeah, it doesn’t help. Point is to sync with external (hardware) drum machines. Those come in midi flavor only
    >
    > LE: you’re right, it helps, to a certain degree

    It’s not better than midi clock integration directly inside GTL but midi clock has failed as stable technology (or bugged implementation from manufacturers like Roland) over years so that bring us (musicians) to Ableton Link (alongside wist, osc, even Serato the Bridge as antecedent technology...)

    So...
    There are some apps doing midi clock from Link like the one I pointed but also apps like Launchpad (with the proper iAP), Groovebox apps (too many) or even AUM (with MMC)

    In the end what musicians need most is link to midi HARDWARE with proper latency compensation. Like this...

    http://circuithappy.com/themissinglink/
Sign In or Register to comment.