Skip to content

Overwrite a loop immediately (if first take fails)?

first of all: i hope my basic questions don’t bother you guys. i just feel like there is not enough documentation about GTL yet... :(

so here’s another one:

sometimes, while recording a loop, i feel that i‘m not playing as precisely as i want my loop to be (or i even make an error), so i need to re-record the loop (which means: delete the existing one, then record again).

i would love to have a feature that allows me ALREADY WHILE RECORDING AN ERRANEOUS LOOP to decide that i want to record it immediately again.

i’m sure this is possible somehow, but i couldn’t find it yet. :)

Comments

• Idk but probably an undo... @Jack ?

Also getting the first loop prerecorded and just fake it until you make it for live gigs should do the trick too.

:wink:

• haha yeah fake it. i still didn’t find time to read your posts about faking and backing tracks, but i hope i will find the time to do it soon.

by the way, where are you situated? in australia? because i’m not used to people replying to me instantly since i left my home switzerland and traveling nz (and australia, my flight to melbourne goes tomorrow)... ;)
  • @josh said:
    first of all: i hope my basic questions don’t bother you guys. i just feel like there is not enough documentation about GTL yet... :(

No please ask here, I’m working on the documentation but it’s quite a large task...

so here’s another one:

sometimes, while recording a loop, i feel that i‘m not playing as precisely as i want my loop to be (or i even make an error), so i need to re-record the loop (which means: delete the existing one, then record again).

i would love to have a feature that allows me ALREADY WHILE RECORDING AN ERRANEOUS LOOP to decide that i want to record it immediately again.

i’m sure this is possible somehow, but i couldn’t find it yet. :)

It’s not a feature yet, many have requested it. I assign the ‘clear loop’ midi function to a HOLD command on the same pedal you record with. That way when you make a mistake you can hold press the pedal and the loop clears. I agree that a re-record function would be better but this is the best approach for now.

• @josh said:
    haha yeah fake it. i still didn’t find time to read your posts about faking and backing tracks, but i hope i will find the time to do it soon.

by the way, where are you situated? in australia? because i’m not used to people replying to me instantly since i left my home switzerland and traveling nz (and australia, my flight to melbourne goes tomorrow)... ;)

My body is placed near Barcelona, Spain but my soul is at internet most of the time. Recently I quit the house internet line so only mobile ATM... expect less activity until I get a chair at future coworking in my town.

About approaches if you don’t find the info at my post feel free to ask again and I will share my thoughts ASAP.

Cheers.

• jack: so i can assign more than one command to a single pedal? i just noticed that i can also assign commands to keyboard keys! niiice! i think it’s time for me to put that old bluetooth keyboard back to work then! i’m pretty sure: with some training i will be able to use it with my feet (instead of a „real“ midi pedal)...
  • and also, jack: can i pre-configure which input a loop will have (in my case mic and/or guitar)? i’m still waiting for my camera connection kit so i couldn’t try it myself...
  • @josh said:
    jack: so i can assign more than one command to a single pedal? i just noticed that i can also assign commands to keyboard keys! niiice! i think it’s time for me to put that old bluetooth keyboard back to work then! i’m pretty sure: with some training i will be able to use it with my feet (instead of a „real“ midi pedal)...

Yes you can.

@josh said:
    and also, jack: can i pre-configure which input a loop will have (in my case mic and/or guitar)? i’m still waiting for my camera connection kit so i couldn’t try it myself...

You will have to create a new midi binding with two functions, 'Select Input' and 'Record to loop ...'

• edited March 2019
    wow, GTL offers much more sophistication than i expected! you should add another movie to your homepage demoing some of these features...!