Skip to content

Ableton export and import

edited December 2019 in Feature Wish-lists

Hi @Jack,
I pointed something like this time ago but now with this AB topic maybe it gets some perspective
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36093/any-apps-that-can-read-ableton-als-files

Some users are getting ready a simple python code doing als2midi converter that made me think once again into this...
Aside Ableton export which could be amazing tool to export GTL songs to further edition (until GTL implements editor by itself...) I think Ableton import from other apps (audio only I suppose) but also als import from the desktop could be a great tool to put ableton projects into live gigging very straightforward...

I can imagine back and forth so composition and playing backings will be enhanced for all users. In the end with Ableton Lite (cheap and even free with some midi controllers and apps) the workflow will be amazing and I think even Ableton gives some short of codes to developers to sell more lite licenses.

Could you imagine what I'm wondering?

Comments

• Morning @dubbylabby,

Sounds great. Yeh I can see how useful Ableton Export would be in GTL. Thanks for bringing it up again.

I've got a new project I'm starting and the GTL new feature list seems to be infinite at the moment. Maybe one day!

• edited December 2019

@Jack said:
    Morning @dubbylabby,

Sounds great. Yeh I can see how useful Ableton Export would be in GTL. Thanks for bringing it up again.

I've got a new project I'm starting and the GTL new feature list seems to be infinite at the moment. Maybe one day!

If I win the lotto I will invest on you bro. Do what you can... iOS devs are heroes!