Skip to content

Active development

edited January 2021 in General Discussion

Hey @Jack ,
Are you the sole dev on GTL? Just wondering if you have any plans for any new features or updates? I see in a lot of posts you say "Maybe one day..." Just wondering if you are actively developing GTL or if you have other projects taking over?

Comments

• Yep it's just me, I'm still interested in developing GTL but I have a couple of other projects too.

I suspect any updates to GTL will be small ones. Any big changes might have to wait until the next big version or even a different app altogether. Things have changed quite a bit in iOS audio since GTL was first released!

• And more changes to come like iPad apps running on desktops etc.

We are in hard times related to decide the roadmap for anything (even I pointed some time ago the AUv3 arise... but it came with some limitations also).

I still believe in hardware port could be a good idea... @Jack ?

• @dubbylabby said:
    And more changes to come like iPad apps running on desktops etc.

We are in hard times related to decide the roadmap for anything (even I pointed some time ago the AUv3 arise... but it came with some limitations also).

Would love to see a hardware version @duddylabby, not really my area unfortunately.

• @Jack said:

@dubbylabby said:
    And more changes to come like iPad apps running on desktops etc.

Would love to see a hardware version @duddylabby, not really my area unfortunately.

You can code in juce?
    The other part is my area (well I have other resources for these aren’t my area let’s say...)

I will love to make that project altogether mate... ;)

• @Jack said:
    Yep it's just me, I'm still interested in developing GTL but I have a couple of other projects too.

I suspect any updates to GTL will be small ones. Any big changes might have to wait until the next big version or even a different app altogether. Things have changed quite a bit in iOS audio since GTL was first released!

This sounds slightly concerning.
    So there might be small updates, but not necessarily, and there might be either a next big version or maybe a different app instead. Which presumably may not have all the features any individual user might use?

Does this mean I should be keeping an eye out for alternatives? Might the next iOS update kill off GTL?

GTL and AUM are in everything I currently do on iOS!

• edited February 2021

If I release a successor to GTL it will have all it's features. I suspect the new version will have a different feel and look to allow us more flexibility to expand the features. The question is, do I keep expanding on GTL or spend that time making a new version which has the potential to be even better.

At the minute I'm leaning towards Group the Loop Pro. It will run alongside GTL for awhile but have a different look and more features.

• Michael is doing something interesting and also applying color base routing (and many more)
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37748/while-were-all-cooped-up-inside-herere-some-loopy-pro-updates/p14

He says it will be release on summer but I prefer to play with reality instead hype...

• @Jack said:
    If I release a successor to GTL it will have all it's features. I suspect the new version will have a different feel and look to allow us more flexibility to expand the features. The question is, do I keep expanding on GTL or spend that time making a new version which has the potential to be even better.

At the minute I leaning towards Group the Loop Pro. It will run alongside GTL for awhile but have a different look and more features.

Good to hear!