Skip to content

Working with an audio interface

I am thinking of updating my old setup and getting a new iPad pro with the USB-C connection and an audio interface--probably the focusrite 2i2. I will be hooking up a synth to the focusrite as well as a microphone. Is it reasonable to expect that GTL will see those inputs and record appropriately? Are there other users using audio interfaces that can report?

Comments

• HI @gmpolin, yes the focusrite should work just fine with GTL. I should mention that GTL doesn't have an input mixer so you will need to switch inputs if you want to record a different instrument. You can of course use another app like AUM or Audiobus to mix your instruments together and then send them to GTL.

• Jack, I think that is what confused me and prompted me to ask the question. Say I have a line input (from my keyboard), and a microphone input, both coming from my audio interface. In my DAW (windows), those choices show up on a pop up to select the input for a given track. So when you say "doesn't have an input mixer", do you mean that you are not able to select a particular input from the audio interface? Or do you mean you can't mix from multiple sources.

Thanks for your help with this.

• edited September 2021

@gmpolin said:
    Jack, I think that is what confused me and prompted me to ask the question. Say I have a line input (from my keyboard), and a microphone input, both coming from my audio interface. In my DAW (windows), those choices show up on a pop up to select the input for a given track. So when you say "doesn't have an input mixer", do you mean that you are not able to select a particular input from the audio interface? Or do you mean you can't mix from multiple sources.

Thanks for your help with this.

The latter, you can't mix together multiple sources without another app or hardware audio mixer. You can use the popover menu to select different inputs though, just not more than one at a time.

• Thanks for the clarification.